FREDONIA, NY – The Penn State Behrend women's swimming and diving remain in second place with 412 points after day two of the Blue Devil Invitational hosted by Fredonia on Friday.
Score: Behrend in 2nd place out of five teams (412); Allegheny (1st – 738), Alfred State (3rd – 370), Fredonia (4th – 361), Brockport (5th – 334),
* Lacey Grinnen (Warren, PA/Warren) had the best time for the Lions in the 400 IM, touching in 5:15.25 for sixth overall
* Abigail Witmer (Herndon, VA/Herndon) was seventh in the 100 butterfly (1:02.25) and 100 backstroke (1:04.54)
* In the 200 freestyle, Jessica Wyckoff (Elma, NY/Iroquois) led Behrend with a time of 1:59.15 for fourth place. Wyckoff also tallied a time of 1:04.16 in the 100 backstroke for sixth place
* Barbie Cessar (Slippery Rock, PA/Slippery Rock) was fourth in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:14.67
* In the final event of the night, Wyckoff, Marcella Puglia (Beaver Falls, PA/Blackhawk), Witmer and Lauren Barmore (Ashville, NY/Panama Central) earned third place in the 200 free relay with a time of 1:44.04
* The Lions return to action on tomorrow for the final day of the Blue Devil Invite. The preliminaries begin at 10 a.m. and the finals at 5 p.m.