MORRISVILLE, NY – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team had two close matches on the second day of the Morrisville State Tournament, falling in five sets to Oswego in the opener and then dropping a 3-1 decision to the hosts in the second match on Sunday afternoon.
Final Score: Oswego 3, Behrend 2 (16-25, 25-23, 28-26, 13-25, 15-13)
Records: Penn State Behrend (2-1), Oswego (3-2)
* Behrend took a 1-0 lead in the match and relinquished a 23-16 advantage in the second with a 9-0 run by Oswego to knot the match 1-1
* The Lions had set point in the third at 25-24 and then attain at 26-25 in the third, but the Lakers won the set on a service ace by Alison Berger.
* Behrend came back to make it 2-2 with a 25-13 fourth-set win before falling in the final set, 15-13
* Three players had double-digit kills led by Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) with 11
* Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) had a team-best 23 digs
* Freshman Cara Zollars (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair) served up five aces
* Setter Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) had a triple-double with 38 assists, 13 digs and 10 kills.
Final Score: Morrisville State 3, Behrend 1 (30-32, 25-21, 25-16, 26-24)
Records: Penn State Behrend (2-2), Morrisville State (4-1)
* Behrend took Morrisville State into extra sets in two of the four sets.
* The Lions had double-digit kills in three sets
* Behrend had match point 29-28 and only got one more point on a kill from Henry but fell 32-30
* In the second-set victory, the Lions used a 5-1 run to break open a 20-all tie for the win
* Clapper set a career-high 32 digs and added nine assists
* Irwin had a double-double with 28 assists and 12 digs
* Behrend will host the NW PA Challenge this weekend. The Lions face St. Vincent and Marietta at 5 p.m. and 7:15 p.m., respectively, on Friday night.