ROCHESTER, NY – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball split a pair of non-conference matches on Saturday, defeating Houghton 3-2 and then falling to hosts RIT, 3-0, in Clark Gym.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Houghton 2 (25-10, 21-25, 27-25, 25-11, 15-11)
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-5), Houghton (1-9)
* Freshman Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) had a season-best 11 kills along with Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette)
* Setter Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) dished out 40 assists and added five digs
* Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) and Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) had double-digit digs with 18 and 11, respectively
* The Highlanders had two big sets to rally back from a one-set deficit. Houghton had 17 and 16 kills in the second and third sets, respectively
* Behrend only committed one error in the fourth to dominate 25-11 and then had 11 kills out of the 15 points in the fifth for the win
Final Score: RIT 3, Penn State Behrend 0 (25-19, 26-24, 25-22)
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-6), RIT (8-2)
* The Lions had set point in the second at 24-22 after a kill from Henry. The Tigers won four straight points on kills from Kelly Walters, a service ace and an attack error to fend off Behrend
* RIT closed out the third set after being tied 22-all.
* Kosslow and Henry tied once again for the team lead in kills with 11 each
* Irwin handed out 24 assists to go with seven digs and three kills
* Behrend will travel to Baldwin Wallace on Monday for a non-conference match set to begin at 7 p.m.