ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team remains undefeated in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) with a 3-0 win over Medaille on Wednesday night in the Junker Center.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Medaille 0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-17)
Records: Penn State Behrend (10-7, 3-0 AMCC), Medaille (3-12, 1-2 AMCC)
* The win marks the fourth straight shutout for the Lions and third straight AMCC victory
* Behrend held a 32-19 advantage in kills
* Freshman outside hitter Kristin Reiland led with double-digit kills for the fourth time this season with a match-high 11
* Senior setter Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) added 24 assists, while Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/Bridgeville) tallied eight kills, four digs and three aces
* The Lions trailed by three points (4-1) in beginning of the first set, but used a 24-6 run take a quick lead
* Behrend also trailed in the second set by three points to start and then won on Irwin's serving down the stretch
* Reiland and Henry each posted three kills in the third set to secure the win for the Lions
* Behrend returns to action on Tuesday at Hilbert for an AMCC contest. The match time is set for 7 p.m.