READING, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's bowling team began the 2018-2019 season at the Bud Whitman Invitational hosted by Kutztown University. Play over the weekend wrapped up on Sunday afternoon. The 2018-2 19 season marks the second year of the bowling program at Penn State Behrend.
Day 2 Recap:
* Penn State Behrend competed in five traditional matches against Duquesne, Medaille, Mount St. Mary's, Caldwell, and Bloomfield.
* Penn State Behrend held a frame average of 129.3 pins per frame on the final day of the two-day tournament.
* St. Francis of Brooklyn led the entire 20-team field on Sunday with a frame average of 185.8.
Day 1 Recap:
* Penn State Behrend competed in five Baker matches against St. Francis (Pa.), Chestnut Hill, LIU Brooklyn, Youngstown State, and Adelphi.
* Penn State Behrend fell to St. Francis (Pa.) 787-629 in the first Baker match of the day.
* The Behrend Lions dropped the next Baker match to Chestnut Hill College 836-608.
* PSB took on nationally-ranked LIU Brooklyn in the third Baker match of the afternoon. The Blackbirds claimed a 961-541 victory in the match.
* PSB bowled its best match of the day against Youngstown State. The Penguins just edged Behrend 753-689.
* Behrend rounded out the day with an 875-629 defeat to Adelphi University in the final Baker match of the day.
* Penn Stat Behrend will be at Pitt-Bradford on Saturday, October 20.