ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend baseball team will travel to D'Youville for an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) doubleheader at 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon.
Wednesday, Apr. 24
Penn State Behrend at D'Youville, 2 p.m.
Penn State Behrend at D'Youville, 4:30 p.m.
Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions went 3-1 last week in AMCC action, sweeping Pitt-Bradford and splitting with Penn State Altoona
* On Sunday, Behrend posted an 11-6 win in game one while Altoona won the nightcap, 16-10
* The 16 runs was the most the Lions have given up all season
* Catcher Jake Deitz (Erie, PA/McDowell) went 3-for-4 with three runs and a stolen base in game one vs. Altoona
* In game two, the Lions had three players with three hits apiece. Zack Bowen (Plum Borough, PA/Serra Catholic) had a triple and a double out of his three hits
* Last week, Josh Wagner (South Park, PA/South Park) tallied five doubles on nine hits and drove in seven runs while scoring five
* Freshman Thomas Zbezinski (Gibsonia, PA/Pine Richland) was named the AMCC Pitcher of the Week
* Zbezinski threw his third complete game against Pitt-Bradford to improve to 5-1 on the mound
* Sada has recorded at least a hit in the last 23 games, dating back to March 8
* Sada now has 86 career doubles to break the NCAA Division III record and is now 10 away from reaching the all-time record (Division I) set at 95 with 13 games left to play in the regular season
D'Youville News & Notes:
* The Spartans are in last place in the AMCC with a 2-23 overall record and 2-12 mark in conference play
* D'Youville is coming off a 9-0 and 5-1 loss to top-ranked La Roche on Monday
* The Spartans lone wins this season were a 17-16 decision over Medaille and 6-1 victory vs. Hilbert in game two of the series
* Last week, Kevin Sanders went a combined 5-for-6 against Keuka with four RBIs, and two runs scored while hitting his first career home run
* The Lions hold a 19-0 record vs. the Spartans dating back to the 2000 season
* Behrend has shut out D'Youville six times in the 19 meetings
* The Lions posted 13-2 and 6-5 victories last season during the regular season