ERIE, Pa. – The La Roche men's basketball team completed the season sweep over Penn State Behrend 57-50 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Thursday night in the Junker Center.
Score: La Roche 57, Penn State Behrend 50
Records: La Roche (18-2, 13-0 AMCC) Penn State Behrend (17-3, 10-3 AMCC)
* La Roche never trailed in the game and only allowed Behrend to register four field goals in the first half
* The top two teams in three-pointers this season in the AMCC drained one apiece tonight
* The Redhawks kept the Lions to a season-low 50 points including 14 in the first half
* The Lions held the Redhawks 24 points below their 81.5 average
* Behrend erased a 17-point deficit from the first half to get within four
* The Lions outscored La Roche 36-27 in the second half
* Senior forward Dan Wanker (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) led with a team-best 12 points to put him 16 points away from 1,000 for his career. Wanker also added seven rebounds, six assists and two steals
* Freshman Devin Pope (Ripley, NY/Chautagua Lake) ignited the comeback in the second half and finished with a season-best 11 points
* Ryan Norkus and Tyler Frederick each tallied a game-high 16 points for the Redhawks
* La Roche extends its winning streak to 10 straight and remains undefeated in AMCC play
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday against Franciscan in the Junker Center. Game time is 4 p.m.