BRADFORD, Pa. – The Pitt-Bradford Panthers upset the Penn State Behrend men's basketball team 74-70 in the regular-season finale in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday at the KOA Arena.
Score: Pitt-Bradford 74, Penn State Behrend 70
Records: Penn State Behrend (21-4, 14-4 AMCC), Pitt Bradford (4-21, 3-15 AMCC)
* Pitt-Bradford snaps a 13-game losing streak with a four-point win on senior day
* With 1:56 remaining, Reginald Rogers gave the Panthers their first lead with a free throw to make it 69-68
* Mitchell Dylan drained a triple with 1:14 showing on the clock for a 72-68 lead
* Senior forward Justin Gorny (South Park, PA/South Park) got Behrend within two with two free throws, before Desmond Brogsdale forced a turnover and the steal with 15 seconds left and making the ensuing pair of free throws to give the Panthers a four-point lead with time expiring
* The Panthers outscored Behrend 41-32 in the second half and connected on 18 of their 21 free throws
* The Lions held a 37-26 advantage on the boards, led by Gorny's 11
* Senior guard Andy Niland (Fairview, PA/Fairview) had 13 points in the first half and finished with 18
* Gorny also dropped 18 points for the double-double, going 9-for-11 from the free-throw line
* Niland is eight three-pointers to break the program record for made triples at 246. He sits at 239.
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday against the winner of No. 3 Medaille and No. 6 Franciscan in the AMCC semifinals hosted by La Roche. Game time is 3:30 p.m.