ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's swimming and diving team registered 101 points in 11 events to defeat Pitt-Bradford in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Monday afternoon.
Score: Penn State Behrend 101, Pitt-Bradford 47
Location: Erie, Pa. | Junker Center Pool
* The Lions won seven out of the 11 events
* Behrend has won three dual meets in a row to improve to 4-1 on the season
* Justin Heller (Franklin, PA/Rocky Grove), Charlie Nesbit (Grove City, PA/Grove City), Jacob Schmidt (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) and James Connolly (Allentown, PA/Parkland) won the 400 medley relay for 11 points (3:50.89)
* Connolly was the lone swimmer with a relay and individual win on the day
* Brady Mattson (Wilmington, DE/Delaware Military Academy) – 1000 freestyle (10:59.93)
* Mark Patterson (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) – 200 freestyle (1:48.54)
* Quinn Fischer (Fairview, PA/Cathedral Prep) – 50 freestyle (22.40)
* Steven Owens (Erie, PA/McDowell) – 200 butterfly (2:08.88)
* Connolly – 100 freestyle (49.59)
* Matt Karenbauer (Butler, PA/Knoch) – 200 backstroke (2:09.27)
* The Lions return to action on Saturday against Penn State Altoona for Senior Day and Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action at 1 p.m.