ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's swimming and diving team remains the leader after day two of the 2019 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championships held in the Junker Center Pool on Thursday. Behrend's now holds a 156-point lead heading into Friday's competition.
Men's Scores: 1. Penn State Behrend (316), 2. Alfred State (160), 3. Pitt-Bradford (90), 4. Penn State Altoona (85), 5. SUNY Delhi (44)
* The Lions won every swimming event on the night
* Both relay wins went to the Behrend Lions, starting with the 200 freestyle relay. Mark Patterson (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin), Quinn Fischer (Fairview, PA/Fairview), Alex Croll (Honolulu, HI/Roosevelt) and Chase Bietz (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield Area) touched first in 1:24.36 to set a new pool record.
* Patterson was .01 seconds away from the team record in the 50 freestyle as the lead off swimmer in the relay (21.04)
* The Lions took the top five spots in the 500 freestyle led by Patterson. He won the 500 freestyle for the third straight year, clocking in at 4:38.92
* Bietz brought home the gold in the 200 IM with a new AMCC Meet record time of 1:54.15. As a team, Behrend took five of the top six points in the event
* Fischer earned his first individual championship in the 50 free with a time of 21.44
* The Lions finished the meet with a new pool record in the 400 medley relay thanks to Patterson, Bietz, Karenbauer and Fischer (3:27.65)
2nd - James Connolly (Allentown, PA/Parkland) – 4:40.79
3rd - David Ewing (South Fayette, PA/South Fayette) – 4:43.91
4th - Brady Mattson (Wilmington, DE/Delaware Military Academy) – 4:48.15
5th - Jake Schmidt (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) – 4:49.33
3rd – Karenbauer – 2:00.02
4th - Liam Watterson (Brentwood, PA/Baldwin) – 2:00.51
5th - Charlie Nesbit (Grove City, PA/Grove City) – 2:01.99
6th - Steven Owens (Erie, PA/McDowell) – 2:01.99
* The Behrend Lions are back in action tomorrow for day three of the AMCC Championships. Prelims begin at 10 a.m.