ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team completed the season sweep over Medaille 3-1 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Tuesday night in the Junker Center.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Medaille 1 (20-25, 25-16, 25-17, 25-20)
Records: Penn State Behrend (14-11, 6-5 AMCC), Medaille (8-14, 4-7 AMCC)
* Junior Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion), the current AMCC Athlete of the Week, registered his third straight match with 20+ kills
* Hildebrand knocked in 20 kills, including eight in the second set, and added two aces
* After posting nine errors in the first set, the Lions came back flawless in the second to post a .565 attack percentage and even the match at 1-all
* In the third set, Behrend kept a five-point or more lead down the stretch to take the lead at 2-1
* The Lions trailed early in the fourth set and came back to win on a Joey Reynolds (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) service ace at 25-20
* Sophomore Colin Dedert (Pittsburgh, PA/Plum) added seven kills and three blocks
* Senior Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) recorded 41 assists and Josh Mathews (Rochester, NY/Churchville-Chili) added eight digs
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday for an AMCC quad-match at home with Thiel, Hiram and Geneva. Matches begin at 10 a.m.