ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team shot a season-best 49.3 percent from the field to defeat Penn State Altoona 77-75 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 77, Penn State Altoona 75
Records: Penn State Behrend (2-6, 1-3 AMCC), Penn State Altoona (2-5, 1-3 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions picked up their first conference win of the season in dramatic fashion
* The Lions trailed on two occasions in the fourth quarter, before using a 9-0 run to take the lead for good and hold off Altoona
* The win snaps a six-game losing skid for Behrend thanks to generating a season-high 77 points
* The Behrend Lions have won seven straight contests against Altoona
* Freshman guard Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) led with 17 points, six assists,, five rebounds and three steals
* Nicole Boyer (Blairsville, PA/Blairsville) went 5-for-8 for 11 points off the bench in 20 minutes of work, while Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) also added 11 points
* Behrend outscored Altoona in the first two quarters by five points combined
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Sunday, December 16 against Mt. Aloysius in the Junker Center. Game time is 2 p.m.