ST. PETERSBURG, Fl. – The Otterbein women's basketball team used a strong second half to defeat Penn State Behrend 68-56 in the first game of the St. Pete's Classic hosted by Eckerd College on Wednesday afternoon.
Score: Otterbein 68, Penn State Behrend 56
Records: Otterbein (3-6), Penn State Behrend (3-7)
* Otterbein turned one-point lead into a 12-point victory over the second half
* The Cardinals was one-point shy of scoring the same amount of points in third quarter than they did in the entire first half
* Otterbein had three starters in double-figure points
* Ali Cartnel and Jacy Jones each scored 16 in the win
* Freshman guard Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) scored a season-high 20 points and shot a season-high 53.8 percent from the floor
* Allana Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) tallied her second straight and third overall double-double with 14 points and 15 rebounds
* The Lions had their two-game winning streak snapped despite shooting 44.4 percent from the floor compared to Otterbein's 39.7 percent
* Behrend only connected on 14 free throws out of 30 attempts from the line
* The Behrend Lions return to action tomorrow against John Carroll in the second game of the St. Pete's Classic in St. Petersburg, Florida. Game time is 11 a.m.