ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team defeated Westminster 57-55 in New Wilmington, PA on Wednesday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 57, Westminster 55
Records: Westminster (6-11), Penn State Behrend (6-10)
* Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) had an assist off her knees to Ashley Seamon (West Allegheny, PA/West Allegheny) to put the game away with 13 seconds left
* Behrend held off Westminster's three shots in the final seconds to win the game
* Behrend was down 30-22 in the second quarter, when the Lions went on a 7-0 run including a clutch trey from Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) to bring them back into the game
* The Titans started to pull away in the third quarter with a 40-33 lead, holding the Lions to two points for more than six minutes
* Behrend cut Westminster's lead to one point at the end of the third quarter but the Titans pulled away again
* In the fourth quarter, the Lions were down 53-44 and went on a 9-0 run with a game tying three from Haslett
* Titan's forward Kayla Bennett led the team with 16 points
* Haslett was the leading scorer for the Lions, scoring 19 points
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday January 19, in conference play at Mt. Aloysius. Game time is 2 p.m.