ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team defeated D'Youville in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday evening by a score of 66-61.
Score: Penn State Behrend 66, D'Youville 61
Records: Penn State Behrend (9-13, 7-8 AMCC), D'Youville (8-13, 5-9 AMCC)
* The Lion's foul shots in the final minutes helped hold off the Spartans
* Behrend went 10-16 from the foul line in the fourth quarter including Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) going 4-4
* Down by three in the final three minutes, the Lions held D'Youville scoreless and went on an 8-0 run to finish the game
* Behrend was trailing by five at the end of the first half and outscored the Spartans by 10 in the second half
* Haslett led the team with 17 points followed by Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) who tallied 16
* Freshman Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) had her sixth double-double of the season with 15 points and 11 rebounds
* D'Youville was led by Jordan Smith with 16 points
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday when they travel to Pitt-Greensburg for an AMCC matchup. Game time is 2 p.m.