ERIE, Pa. – The No. 1 Penn State Behrend women's soccer team punched their way into the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championship game with a 3-0 win over No. 5 Penn State Altoona in the semifinals on Wednesday night.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Penn State Altoona 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (12-6), Penn State Altoona (9-8-2)
* Freshman forward Payton Porter (State College, PA/State College) netted her first collegiate game winner in the 13th minute. She dribbled through the defense and tucked it in the goal a few feet from the net
* Team and AMCC-leading scorer Brenna McGuire (McDonald, PA/South Fayette) scored a pair of insurance goals in the second half. McGuire buried a shot off a deflected save from an Emily Indof (Greensburg, PA/Greensburg) strike in the 70th minute
* McGuire struck again six minutes later for a 3-0 lead
* Altoona's Riley Barrett made 17 saves in the 90 minutes to hold Behrend to just three goals on 28 total shots
* The Lions extend their winning streak to seven straight games heading into the AMCC Championships
* Top-seeded Behrend will host No. 2 Mt. Aloysius in the title game on Saturday at 12 p.m.