ERIE, Pa. – The No. 1 seed Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team advanced to Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) championship match after defeating No. 4 La Roche 3-1 in the semifinals on Saturday afternoon in the Junker Center.
Today, PSB will take on No. 3 Pitt-Bradford at 1 pm in the Junker Center in the championship match of the AMCC Tournament. The Panthers of Pitt-Bradford topped No. 2 seed Mount Aloysius College Mounties in three sets.
Championship Match Links
AMCC Semifinal Recap
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, La Roche 1 (25-22, 23-25, 25-15, 25-16)
Records: Penn State Behrend (19-9), La Roche (16-12)
* The Lions avenged a 3-2 loss to the Redhawks during the regular season with a four-set win in the AMCC semifinals
* Behrend used an 8-0 to end the fourth set and to secure a spot in the championship match
* The Lions registered 19 kills in the first set to take a 1-0 lead
* La Roche won the second set despite hitting -.039 and knocking down 10 kills with 12 errors
* Lexi Irwin (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) and Amanda Henry (Bridgeville, PA/South Fayette) each had a double-double for Behrend
* Irwin tallied 34 assists, 12 kills, eight digs and five blocks
* Henry led with a match-high 15 kills and added 13 digs, five blocks and five assists
* Libero Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) recorded 24 digs and five assists. She also served out the final eight points for the Lions in the fourth