ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team dropped a pair of non-conference matches on Friday night. The Lions fell to Westminster and Defiance 3-0 on the first night of the 2019 Behrend Invitational held at the Junker Center.
Final Score: Westminster 3, Penn State Behrend 0 (25-17, 25-19, 25-16)
Records: Penn State Behrend (2-2), Westminster (6-0)
* The Titans handed the Lions their second loss of the season
* Junior Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) tallied nearly half of the teams digs with 25 in the match
* Sophomore Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) had double-digit kills with 10 and added seven digs, two blocks and an ace
* Sophomore Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) led with 14 assists to go with three digs
Final Score: Defiance 3, Penn State Behrend 0 (27-25, 25-13, 25-21)
Records: Defiance (4-3), Penn State Behrend (2-3)
* The Lions nearly won the first set, falling in extra points to the Yellow Jackets
* Behrend recorded 11 kills in the first set
* Kosslow handed out 14 assists and had a team-best five service aces
* Clapper added 20 more digs on the night to lead the team, while Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) recorded five blocks
* Reiland led once again in kills, registering eight
* Behrend will take on Mt. Union and Bethany at the Behrend Invitational tomorrow at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., respectively.