ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team swept the reigning Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) champions 3-0 in the Junker Center on Tuesday night.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Pitt-Bradford 0 (25-23, 25-22, 25-15)
Records: Penn State Behrend (13-10, 7-0 AMCC), Pitt-Bradford (12-12, 4-2 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions move to 7-0 in the AMCC with their fourth straight win
* The Lions only committed 12 errors to Pitt-Bradford's 25 and held a 17-4 advantage in blocks
* Down 5-1 in the first set, the Lions took the lead for good on two back-to-back errors by the Panthers at 10-8
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) got the final two points on kills for a 25-23 win and a 1-0 lead in the match
* Behrend used an 8-3 run to get out of a 4-all tie in the second set
* Pitt-Bradford got within one point at 22-21, but Reiland got a kill and Kelli Hoffer (DuBois, PA/DuBois) served an ace, before the Lions won on an attack error
* Holding a 13-12 lead in the third, a solid defense and Alex Parra's (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) fifth and sixth kills put the match away at 25-15
* Reiland led with a match-high 12 kills and 14 digs for the double double
* Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) collected a match-high 24 digs, while Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) handed out 24 assists on 29 kills
* Parra also had five blocks to her six kills
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday against Mt. Aloysius for Senior Day. Match begins at 1 p.m.