MEADVILLE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team defeated Allegheny for the second time this season, posting a 3-1 victory on Friday night in the David V. Wise Center.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Allegheny 1 (25-18, 19-25, 25-21, 25-17)
Records: Penn State Behrend (16-10), Allegheny (5-21)
* The Behrend Lions will take a seven-match winning streak into their final contest tomorrow at Pitt-Greensburg
* The Lions won the first set before surrendering the second then taking the final two sets for the win
* Behrend had four players with double-digit digs, led by Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) 21 digs
* Keely Hering (North East, PANorth East) got her second straight double-double and fifth overall this season
* Hering matched her season high of 16 kills and added 12 digs
* Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) tallied a career-high 18 digs to go with 38 assists for her fifth double-double this season
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) added 14 kills and eight digs
* In the first set, the Lions turned a three-point deficit into a nine-point lead and held on for a 25-18 win
* After falling in the second, Behrend had nine ties in the third and pulled out the four-point win thanks to Reiland's pair of kills at the end
* The Lions never let the Gators in the fourth set to keep the winning streak alive and avoid a decisive fifth set
* The Behrend Lions return to action on tomorrow for the final AMCC match of the regular season at Pitt-Greensburg. Match begins at 2 p.m.