GREENSBURG, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball finished the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) regular season undefeated with a 3-2 win over Pitt-Greensburg on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Pitt-Greensburg (21-25, 25-21, 20-25, 25-11, 15-11
Records: Penn State Behrend (17-10, 10-0 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (7-19, 3-7 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions produced an unblemished record in the AMCC for the first time since 2013
* Behrend had three players with double-digit kills and and three with double-digit digs
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) had a double-double with 15 kills and 21 digs
* After falling in the second set, the Lions bounced back in the second to even the match
* With the second set tied, the Lions went on a 4-0 spurt that put them ahead for good
* Behrend dropped the third but convincingly won the fourth and fifth sets
* The Lions tallied five aces to pull ahead in the fourth set, while Keely Hering (North East, PA/North East) broke a 10-all tie in the fifth with three kills and Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) added another for the match
* Parra and Hering finished with 14 and 13 kills, respectively
* Hering completed the double-double with 19 digs
* Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) added a match-high 35 digs and six assists
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday in the first AMCC semifinal against the winner of No. 5 Franciscan and No. 4 Penn State Altoona at the Junker Center. Match time is 2 p.m.