ERIE, Pa. – The No. 1 Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team advances to Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) championship match after defeating No. 4 Penn State Altoona 3-0 in the semifinals on Saturday afternoon in the Junker Center.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Penn State Altoona 0 (25-16, 25-14, 25-21)
Records: Penn State Behrend (18-10), Penn State Altoona (12-11)
* The Lions advance to the AMCC title match for the third straight year with a straight-set victory over Altoona
* The win is the second over the Altoona Lions after a 3-1 decision during the regular season
* Behrend held Altoona to single-digit kills in the first two sets
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) and Cara Zollars (Pittsburg, PA/Upper St. Clair) each had a pair of service aces in the second set to help the Behrend Lions cruise to a 2-0 lead in the match
* Libero Madison Clapper (Hollidaysburg, PA/Hollidaysburg) registered 12 digs in the third set alone to keep Behrend in front in a closer third set
* Clapper finished with a match-high 21 digs
* Reiland led with 16 kills, three aces and three blocks, while Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) hit .350 in three sets
* Parra registered 10 kills and match-best five blocks
* Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) dished out 34 assists on a total of 45 team kills on the day
* The Behrend Lions will take a nine-match winning streak into the championships tomorrow
* The Lions return to action tomorrow against the winner of No. 2 Mt. Aloysius and No. 3 Pitt-Bradford in the AMCC Championship match at 1 p.m. in the Junker Center.