ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's soccer program will be back in action on Tuesday October 2 against No. 8 Carnegie Mellon. The Tartans are 7-0-2 and are also ranked No. 2 in the United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division III Great Lakes Region rankings. Kickoff between the regional foes is set for 7 p.m.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes
* Both Penn State Behrend and Carnegie Mellon have been ranked regionally for three straight weeks. PSB clocked in at No. 10 in last week's rankings.
* The Behrend Lions have compiled a 6-2-2 record this season. PSB is also 2-0-1 in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference.
* Most recently, Penn State Behrend topped Pitt-Greensburg on Saturday September 29 by a final score of 4-0. Saturday's shutout was the sixth of the season for PSB.
* Senior goalkeeper Chris Ralph leads the AMCC with an .865 save percentage, a goals against average of 0.50, and has allowed just five goals all season. Penn State Behrend has outscored its opponents 17-5.
* Senior Dakota Lange scored one goal against Pitt-Greensburg and leads the team with three goals and seven points. Senior Ryan Maurer also has three goals to his credit this season.
#8 Carnegie Mellon News & Notes
* The Tartans have been ranked nationally the entire season.
* CMU defeated New York University in their most recent outing by a final score of 1-0.
* Carnegie Mellon has outscored its opponents this season 28-5. Senior Zack Masciopinto leads a balanced Tartan attack with six goals and 12 points. 12 different players have scored at least one goal for Carnegie Mellon. Eight players have scored two or more times this season.
* Three goalkeepers have split time in between the posts this season for CMU. Sophomore Alex Singh has started five games and has made 10 saves. Senior Alec Lam has started four contests and has tallied 13 saves. Freshman Alex Barakat has played in two games.
* Penn State Behrend dropped a close 2-1 decision last season when these two teams met in Pittsburgh.
* Penn State Behrend is 1-11 all-time against Carnegie Mellon. The Behrend Lions' lone win came in 1997.