PITTSBURGH, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's soccer team battled both the elements as well as an upstart Franciscan Baron squad on Monday afternoon at Highmark Stadium in Pittsburgh. PSB used two second half goals to complete the come-from-behind victory on a wet day in the Steel City.
Score: Penn State Behrend 2, Franciscan 1
Records: Penn State Behrend (9-3-2, 5-0-1 AMCC), Franciscan (8-6, 3-3 AMCC)
* The Barons controlled play in the opening period, limiting PSB to five shots.
* Sebastian Koehler scored his sixth goal of the season just three minutes before halftime to give the Barons a 1-0 lead.
* The second half, however, belonged to Penn State Behrend. Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) jumpstarted the comeback by scoring his third goal of the season in the 50th minute. Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) picked up his team-leading seventh assist on Harris' goal.
* Senior Dakota Lange (Apollo, PA/Kiski Area) netted his fifth goal of the season in the 64th minute.
* Lange's goal would prove to be the game-winner as the Behrend Lion defense kept the Barons off of the scoreboard for the remainder of the match.
* On the day PSB held a narrow advantage on shots, 12-11.
* With the win, Penn State Behrend improved to 9-3-2, 5-0-1 AMCC.
* Penn State Behrend will play at Hilbert College on Wednesday, October 17 at 3:15 p.m.