ERIE, Pa. – The postseason has officially arrived for the Penn State Behrend men's soccer team. The Behrend Lions won their fifth consecutive Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference regular-season championship this season and are the No. 1 seed in the 2018 AMCC Tournament. Penn State Behrend will host No. 4 seed Franciscan University on Wednesday, October 31, at 7:30 p.m.
No. 1 Penn State Behrend News & Notes
* The Behrend Lions posted a 12-3-2, 8-0-1 AMCC record during the regular season.
* PSB is riding a six match winning streak heading into Wednesday's semifinal with the Barons.
* Penn State Behrend has outscored AMCC opponents 39-2 the fall.
* On the year the, Penn State Behrend has posted 11 shutouts, seven of which have come against AMCC foes.
* Earlier this season, Penn State Behrend defeated Franciscan by a 2-1 final in Pittsburgh. The Behrend Lions rallied with a pair of goals in the second half after trailing 1-0 at halftime.
* 18 different Behrend Lions have scored at least one goal this season. 14 have score two or more and seven have score three or more times.
* Senior Dakota Lange and freshman Logan Brinsky lead Penn State Behrend with six goals each. Senior Ryan Maurer has added five scores.
* Sophomore Richard Blanchard ranks second in the AMCC with eight assists.
* Senior goalkeeper Chris Ralph ranks first in the AMCC with a goals against average of 0.66. He also ranks first in goals allowed with just 10. Ralph's .825 save percentage ranks third in the league.
No. 4 Franciscan News & Notes
* The Barons have compiled a strong season, posting a record of 12-6, 6-3 AMCC.
* Franciscan has won four straight games heading into Wednesday's semifinal showdown with Penn State Behrend.
* In the AMCC First Round on Saturday, the Barons defeated No. 5 seed D'Youville by a final score of 6-1.
* Sophomore Sebastian Koehler leads the Barons with nine goals and 18 points. Freshmen Nick Miller and Mikey Irvin rank second and third on the team with seven and five goals respectively.
* Sophomore goalkeeper Brain Gaughan has 82 saves and has posted a save percentage of .812.
* The Barons have outscored AMCC opponents 22-9 this fall.
AMCC Tournament Results
AMCC First Round – Saturday October 27
No. 3 Mount Aloysius 2, No. 6 La Roche 1
No. 4 Franciscan 6, No. 5 D'Youville 1
AMCC Semifinals – Wednesday October 31
No. 1 Penn State Behrend vs. No. 4 Franciscan – 7:30 p.m.
No. 2 Medaille vs. No. 3 Mount Aloysius – 2 p.m.
AMCC Finals – Saturday November 3
Winner of PSB/FRN and MED/MAC – Site TBA