BUFFALO, NY – The D'Youville men's volleyball team erased a two-set deficit to defeat Penn State Behrend 3-2 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night.
Score: D'Youville 3, Penn State Behrend 2 (26-24, 25-15, 23-25, 22-25, 13-15)
Records: Penn State Behrend (13-9, 5-3 AMCC), D'Youville (5-15 2-6 AMCC)
* The Spartans snap a six-match losing streak to the Lions
* D'Youville not only came back from two sets down but was down by as much eight points in the fifth set
* The Spartans scored the final eight points of the match behind the serving of Pat Stroh and four kills from Ryan Kilijanski
* It marks the fourth five-set loss and second in the last week for Behrend
* Senior setter Anthony Sprentz (Cranberry Township, PA/Seneca Valley) registered 51 assists, only one helper away from tying his career high
* Sprentz completed the double-double with 11 digs
* Dillon Hildebrand (Red Lion, PA/Red Lion) had a match-high 19 kills while three other players had double-digit kills
* JP Goodsel (Corry, PA/Corry) and Joey Reynolds (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) each add 12 kills, while Cody Schnur (Butler, PA/Butler) posted 10 for a .471 attack percentage
* Tied four times in the final five points in the first set, Behrend took advantage of a service error and a block from Goodsel and Reynolds for a 26-24 victory
* The Lions grabbed a double-digit lead at 20-10 in the second and finished with a 10-point margin at 25-15
* With his two service aces, Hildebrand ties the program record for career service aces with 66.
* The Lions return to action on Saturday against Penn State Altoona and Wittenberg at Thiel. Matches are at 12 and 2 p.m.