Five Minutes with Head Tennis Coach Jeff Barger
1. What are your thoughts on your team after beginning your season down south?
I felt that we played very well down in Hilton Head. We won two and lost two against some very tough competition. One of our matches was rained out, but I felt very good about our chances of winning.
2. Who is performing particularly well for the team right now?
Elliot Blackstone is playing well right now as well as senior Shane Mosier. Our doubles teams look fairly solid as well.
3. What is the focus on for the next couple weeks of training and competition?
We have alot of matches coming up and most of them are league matches. We will play nine matches in the next two weeks which are all critical to our success.
4. How does the league look this season? How do you think you will do against conference competition?
It is a three team race between us, Penn State Altoona and Frostburg State. I expect our depth will a be a contributing factor to our success as a team. With several matches scheduled in the near future, I will play more guys to give everyone some much needed rest.
5. What are your expectations for the end of the season and championships?
If we play solid doubles, we should be in good shape come championship time. We have solid singles right now and playing nine matches already, as opposed to other teams only having played one or two, gives us a head start.